Friday, November 30, 2007

Childhood Revisited

Being a lazy driver as I am always has the advantage of having all your limbs at your disposal. Our sunset cruise looking at the Indian Ocean brings back memories of my childhood. This picture taken from our moving vehicle is Sungai Berembang which was once a picnic spot for the locals. The silhouette structure is a bridge crossing the river and that distant island was once so close that we can send catapult’s marble right to the island. What I saw now was once a school, mosque and houses swallowed by the Indian Ocean. What was once a swampy area now turned into rocky retaining wall. What a sight of a swallow flying over the island trying to tell us something here. Whatever is happening, my main concern now is that I'm suffering from severe toothache.

3 comments:

Rimaugirl Wahir Jaafar said...

Kata dapat gi Mekah untuk tunaikan haji.....Bila bertolak?
Anyway...gi la jumpa dentist untuk gigi tu.Nanti satu keja pun tak dapat nak buat!

wickedwarhol said...

Mekah standby saja tahun ni, InsyaAllah tahun depan.

Rimaugirl Wahir Jaafar said...

ooooo.....InsyaAllah...Sharina akan pegi gak ke?