
My wife and I decided on a bookcase in Alor Setar furniture store. When I asked if it can be delivered to Kodiang, then they said no problem because there will be delivery around the vicinity the next day. They even promised me that the truck would leave the place around 11.00am. I called the store around noon and they said the items were already loaded in the truck and the driver will take it away at 2:15pm. My wife made another call at 6:30pm and they said the truck has just left the store because they have to get another driver from Perlis. It is already 8:30pm as I am writing this hub and there is yet any news of the delivery. I wanted to say, "Of course, it shouldn't be a problem for them - they are, after all, our service provider and I didn't ask them to do anything unreasonable. I'm only asking them to do their job." What is it with this phrase, "no problem?" Think about it. The definition of "service is an act of helpful activity; help; aid: to do someone a service. Customer service should be the focus of every interaction you have with your customers. "Don't let the guest work. You should anticipate their needs," - "If the customer asks for something then be positive in your reply. Our servers are taught to say something such as 'Certainly, I'll have that right out for you." So the next time you interact with your customer or client - think before you unthinkingly reply to a request by saying, "no problem." No problem is a big problem when it comes to quality customer service. I'm a stickler for customer service. There are so many choices today for just about any product or service that you shouldn't have to put up with lousy customer service. Yet, you don't have to go much farther than a nearby store to see how pathetic customer service can be. Sometimes even common courtesy falls to the wayside.
4 comments:
I hope your anger wont effect your coming ptk exam. good luck...
PTK was a breeze but the result might not be so :-)
This overtly courteousness has become a part of the community. What's wrong with telling the truth that "We can't make it". I know people will complain right in your face, but it'll save the company image in the long run rather than trying to cover up with pretentious eagerness (of giving people false hope).
@Ibrahim.
There is nothing wrong in admitting the truth but people prefer giving people false hope at times. Pleasing to the ears at that moment of time :-)
Post a Comment