
I came up with this answer. Let us share a fine tuned sense of hearing, it almost borders on hyper sensitive. Our sensitivity to sudden loud noises will probably lessen with age. So why would sensitive hearing help me sleep in the rain?
As the rain falls it taps on every part of the house, the cars outside, the street, the trees, it taps on everything. And I hear a lot of tapping! I myself find this comforting because I become more aware of my surroundings by taking in all the tapping, it’s sort of like a 3D sonic reading of the area. This seems to satisfy some sort of primal instinct in me to be aware of my surroundings before I let my guard down and fall asleep. And if I feel safe, I sleep better.
I am sure that if I was sleeping more during these past sun-free week I would be very well rested.
No comments:
Post a Comment