Sunday, October 03, 2010

Zorki-4 experience

Taken by D80|50/1.4

When I received Zorki 4 in the mail, I am impressed with the built which felt like a brick in my hand. It comes with Jupiter 8 lens but I decided to swap the lens with Industar-61 for the test roll. Shooting with this camera is an agonizing experience as I am not used to this kind of camera before. For tired eyes with glasses, the VF is far from being helpful. Even with the RF patch working, it was strenuous for me to get the focus right. The reason that I opted for the black barrelI-61 is the high visibility of the markings on the barrel. Most of my shots were predetermined by the focusing zone first before I could fine tune with the focus (if I have some luck). The camera is cool around the neck and when the result came back from the lab, more surprises waited for me because the image quality looks very good to me.








Photos by Zorki-4 | Industar-61 55/2.8

3 comments:

Unknown said...

errrm what happy mr.J..seems like a little oveexposed some of the shots ike the one with the children?

wickedwarhol said...

Ha ha... This camera has no metering whatsoever and I was relying on my Sunny 16 experience.
Thanks :-)

Unknown said...

OIC...no wonder..anyway do you want to sell any of your lenses? I can't use my cam as I still haven't bought a new one. Thought of getting a cheaper one for now cos I am going to a few places this coming weeks..later I'll get a better one *sigh* kena mandi bunga my friend said to me!Not that I believe in such things! haha