


Nikon FE2 with expired Superia 200 - negative scannedDeveloped with coffee, Vitamin C and washing soda
It came as no surprise but I was exited that the formula for the first roll of my Caffenol mixture works. Chemically speaking, the stuff used was : 25g instant coffee, 12,5g sodium carbonate (washing soda), 1,1g ascorbic acid (vitamin C) , 290ml water. Well, I tried another roll with Malaysian coffee and it did not work. Now, I need to hunt for the cheapest instant coffee around.
17 comments:
LOL, that is cool, but the color become B&W???
Thanks Kelvin. All colors are lost with coffee :-)
salam..
saya asal kedah.skrg keja di lumut perak.
masih baru dalam dunia fotografi nie.
sangat memerlukan support system dari mereka-mereka yang sudah lama berkecimpung dalam fotografi nie- perlukan nasihat & teguran.
juga mahu menambah kenalan yang mempunyai minat yg sama seramai yang mungkin.
selamat berkenalan.
www.pelitaminyaktanah.wordpress.com(tempat mencoret)
www.pelitaminyaktanah.blogspot.com( tempat bergurindam jiwa..he..)
panchaindera.fotopages.com (baru wat fotopages..he)
sila beri tunjuk ajar.
-azzahari- :-D :-D :-D
p/s:kalo datang area lumut-sri manjung-sitiawan-p.pangkor,bgtau la yea..
Wow, you successfully did it! awesome. been wanting to try it out after i saw it on photojojo. BTW, mind if i ask where you managed to get the Vitamin C powder thingee? I might give it a go sometime soon! :)
Amazing stuff! nice pics btw.
Hi Cheem: Got them from the pharmacist at RM1 a packet. It will last about five rolls.
Nice post from you.
Alternative energy
Salam, I just stumbled upon a website, he said that you can get washing soda(sodium carbonate) by heating baking soda(sodium bicarbonate) in a cooking pan. Maybe you can try it later. :)
Nice project anyway, I bet I'll try it soon enough, just need to wait for my developing tank. Yesterday I asked an old photo shop in Kangar, whether they still kept any extra dev tank and changing box, he said "You punya geng sudah beli maa"
I wonder who :D
Washing soda is abundant some of the pharmacy and I got my supply from the Uncle's shop opposite the Kedai Gambar in Kangar.
hye there, my first try with caffenol was failed, the formula was, malaysian coffee(cap hang tuah), sodium carbonate (vanish), and vit c.
It stain down the emulsion, but I think it need more developing time as the emulsion still stick at the film, If you dont mind, may you share the exact recipe here, including the brand ot the item. Thanks :)
turn out great bro!!
what brand of coffee you using??
any method for making ur own fixer?? ;)
Thanks. I was using Indocafe and the fixer used was from Fuji. Maybe you can come up with your own formula.
Thanks!
Nurfaiz: Please don't use Hang Tuah, it won't work. I has to be Instant Coffee. It won't work with Decaf too.
Thanks aeroX
Cool man ....
I have no idea where to find the wash, but this looks like something I want to try. I love the idea that there is an option for turning color film, which I can get cheap here, into monochrome.
Does the development time vary significantly with different ISO values? Most of my color film is 400 speed.
Skies of Bitan:
I got my washing soda from traditional Chinese Medicine shop at a very cheap price. The time of developing is 15min for ASA100 and varies from there. If you join the Caffenol group on Flickr, there are discussions about what else to be added and also the developing time.
Good luck and thanks for dropping by my Blog.
Wow, these turned out fantastic, the one in the woods especially is stunning! Might have to try that now, I love experimenting :) Especially if the results are this great!
Thanks Kristina and good luck!
Post a Comment